Friday, October 20, 2006

Back Again

Well hello.
Sorry it's been a while...nine days to be exact. I know you've all been checking this page frequently to see when the next update would be. I apologize for not posting more pics from Vermont...however, it takes a bajillion years for them to upload, and then by the time it gets done the damn thing has timed out. Oh well. But if you are on Facebook, I've uploaded an album of the pics there. It's called (gasp) Vermont.

Had somewhat of a crappy morning. I think I totally bombed a Greek quiz, mostly because I'm exhausted from travelling and because I was out of town for two days this week, so I didn't have the time to devote to studying that I would have liked. But I was gone for good reason.

I spent some time travelling to the good ol' south east this week. Why was I there, you may wonder? Well, I was visiting Duke Divinity School. I'm applying to their MDiv program, and it's my first choice. So I wanted to go down and get the lay of the land so to speak. And I LOVED IT. It was truly amazing...the faculty is beyond awesome, there's a real sense of institutional vocation, and the Anglican Episcopal House of Studies seems right up my alley. So pray that I get in and (more importantly) can get some good funding. I'm going into debt at HDS...can't afford to go in to anymore. But I should know, assuming my transcripts get there by Nov. 1st and my recommenders get everything done by then as well, by mid December about whether or not I got in and hopefully whether or not I got a merit scholarship. Needless to say I'll be praying hard about it. But it definitely seems like an environment where I could really grow spiritually and intellectually. It would be a "win win win" situation (for those of you who haven't seen The Office...it's a reference from that.)

Now, I should point out that I'm not the biggest fan of flying, although I'm getting better about it. I mostly dislike sitting there waiting around for take off, after we've been told to put up tray table sand turn off eletronic devices. So I amuse myself by looking through the shopping catalogue (www.skymall.com) to see what kind of great stuff they have. And there's always a million things I'd love to buy for folks, mostly because they're so ridiculous you wouldn't want to pass them up. For example, they had a three layered pool table. Pretty interesting. But by far the most amazing gift (and one which I couldn't find online; I was going to post a picture of it for you) was an IPod dock/radio/clock/toilet paper roll holder. The picture even demonstrated how good the device is for holding said TP and advertised itself as making the "royal throne" even better. Amazing. The fact that a. someone makes such a thing and b. that someone would buy such a thing is pretty remarable. I would like to meet said person and ask them how they feel about their new toilet paper roll. Too cool.

Anywho that's about all for now. I'm going to do some more homework (as it's getting to be that time of the semester). It's been raining all day and thus I've been sleepy all day, but I think I've had my first productive Friday of the semester. Hopefully the rest of the weekend will be similarly fruitful. So you guys have a great weekend.

Peace y'all.

No comments: