Friday, March 21, 2008

It's Good Friday

It's Good Friday today, and I'm not doing anything Good Friday-ey. I was going to go to the services at St. Luke's, but Rick and I are meeting Matt and Emily for dinner tonight. I haven't seen them in a while, and Matt was my first friend at Harvard so I think it's more important to celebrate that friendship than sit in church thinking about how I would rather be eating dinner with them. So there.

Anywho I'm sitting at Starbucks right now working on some homework. I got a reading room privileges card at the main Harvard library, but I couldn't get my computer to log onto the wireless network there for some reason, so i came here and had to pay 10 bucks to use the internet. Normally I'd just deal, but there are about five online books I'm using for my Chaucer paper and I have to connect to the internet and then Yale's network in order to look at them off campus. I feel very yuppie-ish sitting here in Starbucks working on my Mac, though, and yuppie is not something I ever want to be. Oh well.

Maundy Thursday services were pretty good. Rick said it was one of the saddest things he'd ever seen, which I thought was big. I didn't know it would affect him that much, and it was just interesting to see the reaction of new eyes to the whole service. I guess I'm so used to the service (not that it doesn't affect me) that I don't approach things at church in the same way he does. Needless to say, he provides refreshing (and often hilarious) insight into the church world.

I'm hopefully getting a new bike soon (maybe even tonight!). My ankle injury is putting me out of running for a while, and now that both of my ankles are prone to twisting easily, I need to put running behind me mostly. However, I LOVE biking and always have, and Rick's life used to be biking, basically. So I'm going to get a good bike, either a Trek or a Specialized, and we're going to start biking hardcore. Our first ride of the season is planned for tomorrow, and we're hoping to do a century (100 miles in a day) but the end of the summer. Woohoo! There are some really great biking resources around here, as well as awesome places to bike, so that will be good. I also found a website that has women's sizes (as opposed to misses') in bike clothing, so I can get a jersey and a pair of shorts. Then hopefully I'll lose enough weight by the end of the summer that they won't fit anymore :) But regardless, it will be good to get back into shape and there's no way I'd rather do it than cycling with Rick.

Other than that, it's cold and windy here. It snowed last night...on the first day of spring. Damn you Jack Frost! But it's supposed to be 43 tomorrow, and sunny, so that's all good. It had better be. I hope.

I should get back to studying. Just thought I'd take a break and update this thing.

No comments: