Sunday, July 13, 2008

Busy busy.

I realize it has once again been a while since my last blog post, but this summer has been busier than most. So here we go with what's gone on lately...

I just got back from Matt and Emily's wedding. It was wonderful! I officiated, and it went well so I was happy about that, and I got lots of compliments which I took to mean the families were happy (as were the bride and groom, which really is all that matters) so huzzah. We went to Salisbury beach yesterday morning to pass the time and loved it. Way better than Hampton, so I think we're going to make that our new beach. AND it's a state park, so we can support the state park system. I think next summer we'll get an annual pass so we don't have to pay 7.00 every time we go in. We also saw Dan yesterday which was great. Hopefully I'll be getting together with him and also Tricia (though prob a different occasion) sometime soon. I have no money at the moment though, so frivolity will have to wait.

Other than that, I've just been working. The job is going a little better and I've gotten to know a few of the people I work with more, which is nice. The camp director also seems to like me a lot because I actually do my job, so that's good. And the kids I have are really learning their stuff and seem to be excited about it, as much as they hate it sometimes that I won't let them do cannonballs the whole time like some of the other teachers. But whatever. They're learning and that's important. I had two of my littlest kids (4 and 5) learn how to swim on their back when they kept saying they couldn't. That was super exciting. So yeah. Camp is camp, although it's weird sometimes to think about how wealthy these kids are but how they don't even know it. I hope they learn to use their privilege for good when they get older.

The garden is doing well. We have tomatoes, and when I got back from NH today there are tons of cucumber and squash blossoms!!!!!! I think they bloomed while we were away, but I'm so excited! I never thought I would be able to grow anything until a few years ago when I did a garden for my mom. I may not be able to do flowers, but I can do vegetables it seems. Hopefully these will all turn out well. I've never done cucumbers before, but they plants are huge now that we got back from NH! I'll actually have to attach them to the trellis (they haven't gotten big enough yet).

Not much else is going on here. Work. work. Study for the GRE. Still waiting on books to get here. I only need 1 more and then I can start on my history reading. I've also finished David McCullough's John Adams, but I'll review that one in a little while. For now it's time to wash cars and then go to BJs for some shoppin'.

Hope you're having a fun summer!

No comments: