Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tragedy and other news

Sad news. Two young girls in Louisville were killed in a hit and run. This kind of thing is tragic in and of itself, but the families were both members of the Diocese of Kentucky, and one of the families I know decently well (but I never knew the child). Anyway it's been a really tough week for a lot of people in the Diocese, and for those in the community who knew Riley and Claudia. I didn't know them, but I know it's a tragedy when two young people are taken so needlessly. And the fact that their parents are only a little older than I makes it tough to think about as well.

Here's the news story about the funeral. Normally I wouldn't point this out, but you should look at the photo gallery. Something about seeing so many people, and seeing the priests in Easter white was very moving. But even more moving is the sermon from Ben Maas, rector of St. Andrew's. I cried reading the whole thing, but it is a moving sermon and probably about all you could say in the face of this tragedy. So read it, and look at the pictures, and remember that we are an Easter people.

In other news not much is going on aside from work work and more work. I thought it was getting better but today I was reminded just how much I don't really like my job. Luckily the kids make it worthwhile. Nothing really happened today, it's just some people's general attitudes. But I can't change them and there's only 2.5 weeks left so whatever.

On a happier note, my sister and Blaine are planning a visit for October. YAY!!! I'm super pumped about it, and hope it all works out so that it will happen. it would be so awesome to have them up here!

That's about all for now. I'm going to hop on the exercise bike now to work off the PBJ I just ate and work off the stress from my job. Hope you're having a good summer!

No comments: