Sunday, August 03, 2008

Minuteman

Rick and I rode our bikes at Minuteman National Park. now, I'm a big supporter of NPS as I worked there and they are good people, and the parks are amazing. This one was no exception. We rode nine miles (a couple in light rain but luckily it didn't pour until we got to the car) and saw the rode the British marched on April 19 1775 during the battle of Lexington and Concord. There are some original houses still standing, and they have some living history interpreters walking around. Why did I not apply for a job there? I'm a goofball, that's why. And the nature in the park is amazing...there are meadows, cornfields, and huge trees that were probably there in 1775. only downside? Now I'm sick with sinus crap, most likely from the pollen overload. I'm on 2 kinds of allergy meds and still this happens. Ridiculous! So I'm not going to move anything in New Haven today. It will have to wait until I'm down there. Oh well. Only two weeks left of camp though, which is awesome!

No comments: