Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hanging Out

Well, camp is done and school things don't start until next week, so I'm spending this week lounging around. Yesterday I woke up at 10 and then I cleaned some, followed by a 22 mile bike ride. I didn't expect the ride to take the 2.5 hours that it did, but it ended up being almost totally uphill. I don't do uphills very well, but I did the ride and completed it. My back wheel got knocked out of whack somehow, so Rick is going to look at it and fix it. We also have to re-position my seat because he said it's probably too far back (hence the back and knee pain by the end of the ride).

Today I'm spending the day uploading music onto my external hard drive. I found the correct AC cord for it, so now I can actually use it! Now I can upload all of my music and get my IPod almost back to its original state. Woohoo! Rick's roommate comes back today, which is kind of a bummer. I like the guy, but it's been really nice having the house to ourselves (as in, we can watch TV in the living room without feeling like we're taking the TV away from someone else. Let's see, what else? I'm going to go to Old Navy today to look for something for our pictures on August 30th. We're not going to match, but at least coordinate (I think we're going for blue, but maybe green...it all depends on what is on clearance!).

I'm moving down to school on Saturday. I'm really excited about this upcoming year. My classes look good. My roommates are awesome and the house is great! I'm also applying for PhD programs which will be hard but I think exciting, in that I will be writing about what I want to do. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook on the whole thing. And then I'll be planning for the big event! Huzzah!

That's about all for now. I'm going to head out sometime soon for Old Navy. Hope you're all having a pleasant day!

No comments: