Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lent.

Lent starts this week. Easter is later this year, so I didn't have an Ash Wednesday birthday this time (talk about a way to dampen the mood!). I've been trying to think of what I'm going to do. I think sometimes giving something up can be good when it overtakes your worldview, but I'm more of a "take something on" kind of person. So this year I'm taking on being really disciplined about weight watchers and working out and such. I know that may sound like a cop-out, but it really is a matter of being disciplined and focused about it, and about honoring the body God gave me. Hopefully it will go well! I'm already down 3-4 pounds after the first week, which is good (and that's on top of the 6 I lost in the first 6 weeks of the year) so that's good progress! Rick and I want to get in shape now so that it's easier to maintain once we're married and then once we have a family. I urge you all to think about what disciplines you could take on during lent...

I have to get back to my Dante homework though. Talk to you all later!

No comments: