Monday, March 09, 2009

Update.

Hey Everyone.
It's been a while since I've updated, but then again alot of stuff has been happening.  Unfortunately, I didn't get into any PhD programs. I attribute that to several things: the economy crashing right after application went in, thereby making programs cut the number of people they took in; my previous studies in religion and not quite as much in history; and the strength of other candidates.  I'll try again next year or the year after I think.  But for this year I'm going to find a job (hopefully at a parish!) and enjoy spending time being married to Rick.

Speaking of jobs, I've begun the job search in earnest.  I'm talking to one congregation, and will hopefully have an interview in the next couple of weeks.  I won't say where or who, but I'd really really like this one to work out. It seems like a good fit, but I'll just have to pray and hope really.  There's another position I'm applying for that would also be pretty good but again we'll see. There's only so much I can do when other people are applying too!

The job search is taking up most of my energy right now.  I have classes still (although I'm on spring break and with my brother in Iowa City), but I'd really like to get a job under my belt before the semester ends. That way I could spend the early part of the summer getting prepared for starting the job!

I don't know too much more than that.  Rick and I are getting more and more excited about the wedding, and the honeymoon after that!  I hope you guys are all doing OK and that your spring begins well.

No comments: