Saturday, January 26, 2008

Asthma and Academics

The point of the title is that the two don't mix. Wednesday afternoon I had to run to sign for a package and run back to class (it had my textbooks for a class, thus it was important!) and ever since then I've had this constant asthma attack that won't go away. Seriously. I went to the doc on Thursday and they just said to use my inhaler regularly until it ends and take the 3 steroid tablets she gave me. Woo. Yesterday I was better most of the day, until I got to work. Thing I learned: I'm allergic to books. You see, on top of the wheezing, my throat and ears have been constantly itching from some allergy I'm sure, and the moldy and dusty books just exacerbated it. That and night time. The past three nights I've only slept about 2.5-3 hours, as I spend the rest of the night coughing. It's awful. I just want to be able to breathe and sleep!!! I guess if this still hasn't gone away by Sunday I'll call the doctor again and see what the hell to do. I just want my bronchial tubes back to normal. Sheesh.

No comments: