Monday, January 14, 2008

Back in the Swing O' Things

Hey everyone. Sorry it's been a while since I updated this. I was home for a couple of weeks for Christmas and New Year's, and then I was working last week. Today was the first day of the semester, so now that I'm back into the swing of things I figured I would write.

Christmas was a blast. It was so great being home and having NO HOMEWORK for the first time in two years. I got to hang out with the fam and just relax. So woohoo! there. Then Rick came down for New Year's. We went out with Erin and Chase to Wick's (which was crowded, overpriced, and loud) and bowling (which was great). Then it was back up to New Haven for a few days of working and a long weekend with Rick. Now I'm back into the school routine. Well, kind of. I have to wait for my loan money to come so I can buy books, but once that happens I'll be more in the swing of things.

My classes for the semester look like they will be pretty good. I'm taking OT 2, Reformation Europe, and two grad seminars in the English dept. (assuming I can get into both): Chaucer and Milton. Everything's a go for Chaucer, and Milton meets tomorrow morning so I should know something by then. I was surprised by the number of people in Chaucer, but I guess Medieval studies is a big thing so people want to take it. It will be interesting to see how many people show up for Milton. But anyway three of my classes are downtown, which means a ton of walking for me. But oh well, it hopefully won't be too bad.

Other than that, I don't know much. I"m hopefully going to start my gym routine tonight. I actually got up at 6 am to work out this morning (exercise bike!) and then tonight I'll try to run and swim. Yay for exercise.

Hope you are all having a good 2008 thus far!

No comments: