Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hola

Hey everyone. I didn't realize that it's been almost 20 days since my last entry. Sorry about that.

Needless to say, I'm SUPER busy pretty much all of the time. Class, independent study, PhD apps, and even starting to think about the wedding (which I haven't really done too much of) have taken up all of my time. Oh and chapel ministry too. That's probably a bigger time chunk than some of the PhD apps are at this point. So entries may be sparse this academic year, or at least semester. Just warning you. :)

Lots of stuff is happening here. Classes are going OK. Only one is not as good as I had hoped, but it's not bad. Just OK really. The others are fine. Chapel ministry is going well but incredibly time consuming, which is fine I just didn't realize how busy it would make me until we started doing it. I like the people I work with, though, which is great. PhD applications are starting up. I take the GRE on October 6 and tomorrow morning I'm going to work on my personal statement. Joy. I also need to start studying for the GOEs, which involves reading for Anglican history and theology 1 and at least getting the books for reference for Anglican history and theology 2 (I took a close equivalent at EDS with Ian Douglas, but the dean uses some different books here that could be useful). I'm not looking forward to taking those. The GRE shouldn't be too bad. Just tedious really, and a little writing but nothing like the GOEs will be. I still don't understand what the point of them in but no one asked me. Oh well.

Erin and Blaine are coming up in two weeks. YAY! I'm really excited about their visit. I haven't seen anyone from my family since early June, so it will have been 4 months when she gets up here!

Not much wedding planning going on, really. I've been so swamped and Rick and I have had busy weekends for the last couple of weeks and the next couple, but by mid-October things will have calmed down and we can toss some honeymoon ideas around. Christmas will be when planning begins in earnest, I think. I'm trying to keep it affordable and environmentally responsible, and most of all fun and joy-full.

Other than that...Rick and I are going to NJ this weekend to visit his parents. It will be the first time we've seen his parents since we got engaged (we haven't seen mine yet since that day, but I'll see them at Thanksgiving and he'll be down at New Years. Damn expensive plane tickets!). And we'll see his friends from college, which should be fun. They're funny guys, so it's always interesting to be around them when they get together.

Alrighty well I need to eat and study before the Office premiere comes on.

Byefornow.

No comments: