Sunday, January 04, 2009

I'm Back...

Sorry for the several month hiatus. A lot has happened. Here is a summary of the past few months:

1. PhD applications. I have one left to do (UConn, due on Feb. 2) but other than that I'm pretty much done with them. They've taken up tons of time, both in work and in stress levels.
2. The semester. School. Same ol same ol really but finals week I wrote 75 pages in 5 days. Pretty impressive, I think.
3. Job. I'm a chapel minister this year, and that involves planning the Wednesday night services as well as the every day morning prayer. It's pretty labor intensive but I really like it.
4. Life. This is a big one. My brother (age 22) was diagnosed with Berkitt's Lymphoma in November. It's thrown us all for a loop. He's started chemo (finished round 3 of 7 during Christmas week) and will have his first CT scan since this all happened on Thursday. Needless to say, prayers are welcome. I'm also planning a wedding. I got the dress over Christmas, and the bridesmaids picked theirs out. We have invitations too. So planning is coming along.
5. Future stuff. Now I have to turn to job things. If I don't get into a PhD program I'll be looking for a full time job in a parish. Otherwise I'll look for part time. GOEs are this week, which is stressful in and of itself. AND my ISM project is due in a month and we haven't done anything on it. Yikes. That's my project for this week-after the exams and going to the gym I've got to read like a maniac. Woowoo. And I have to get my CDO profile done so I can try to find a job. Yeehaw.

All of that has kept me away from my blog, but I'm hoping to be better about it this year. The semester should be interesting. I go to England the day after my birthday for a week, which will be fun. Mid-Feb. to March I should hear from programs and then I will have a better idea of what is going to be happening next year. Until then it's kind of up in the air.

I hope you all have a good 2009! See you around the blog!

Cheers

No comments: