Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Heat is Hot

Well, it's hot as hell here. As PT would say...balls. It's that hot. Wonder if Boston is anywhere near as bad. Anywho, pretty much just rollin' along here on the home front. The baby is home with his family. They came over on Monday and we had a great time. I can't get over how cute he is! And he is already lifting his head some. At 1.5 weeks! Crazy. I started my job at St. Mark's this week, and I'm excited about it. Charles is a great guy, and I think it will be good to be working under him this summer. He's so upbeat, and I think St. Mark's will be a good place to get some perspective on ministry and my place in ministry. I'm reading a book he assigned me called "On Being a Priest Today." Thus far it's great, and totally confirms my view of ministry (which is one that is centered in empowering people to be the apostles we're called to be) and is helping me to develop it further. So that's cool! I'm trying to finish up my report for the Project, but it's slow go. I've been working on it for over a month...almost two I think, and I just want it to be done!!!! Hopefully soon. I've gotten 3 grades back so far, and I'm pleased. Got an A- in French, which was somewhat of a bummer, but I think it's because of the translation that was due the week I had my appendix taken out. I got it in on time and everything, but had to get it ready the day I got home from the hospital. So I'm not upset about it. I think it's pretty damn good, considering the circumstances. Let's see what else? The Niebuhr/Day paper got a good grade, strangely enough. I didn't feel that it was well developed, but who knew? Enough about school though. We bought an above ground pool for the yard yesterday. Hopefully we'll get it all set up and ready to go in the next few days! It's 4 feet deep, which is deeper than anything we had growing up. It will be nice to have a place to hang out in the back yard this summer. Especially since it's been so hot lately...That's about all I've got for now. Just thought I'd write about what had happened lately. Hope you all aren't melting.
Peace y'all.

No comments: