Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ugh.

So I don't really like Derby. Growing up we could never really do anything on Derby day because we live so close to the Downs (but not close enough for people to park in our yards and make mad money!). Anyway, this article is just another reason not to like Derby. With people living on one dollar a day or less throughout our world, the C-J wants to glorify this?

Ridiculous. Friggin' ridiculous. I'm not saying that people shouldn't enjoy themselves. But this is beyond excessive. Ice from the arctic? A trip to Milan? Renting two mansions side by side instead of staying at a hotel (and not in the Penthouse suite) like normal people?

One more reason why I don't like Derby. (But I love Louisville, which most people would say my dislike of Derby negates, but there you go.)

No comments: