Monday, April 10, 2006

Holy Week

It's hard to believe that this time last year I was on the AT...talk about a Holy Week. Kinda hard to follow that one up...but I have high hopes for this year. This weekend was pretty crazy. We had a party on Saturday night, which was fun, but I'm still recovering from the sheer exhaustion of putting one on and having to do all of my regular work on top of things. Haven't been able to pick up the Volf in a few days, not because I don't want to, but because when I go to bed at night I'm just exhausted and pretty much fall asleep. Hopeully I can get some reading in this week.

Went to morning prayers at Appleton chapel this morning and then service at the monastery this evening. Both were actually very good. Ben King is doing morning prayer this week. I haven't seen him since September, so I said hey. He was at service this evening too, so we're going out to lunch next week to catch up. He seems like a really cool guy. And he has an accent, which is always awesome. Anyway, the service tonight was especially good and peaceful. The weather was gorgeous, and I had just been outside reading for an hour or so...and then I went into to SSJE and the monk greeting us was so friendly. And worship was so good, especially when we sang "O Sacred Head Sore Wounded," perhaps one of my very favorite hymns, mostly because I love singing the alto part. And there we sing with no organ, so it was four part harmony...wow. It was beautiful.

On a much more mundane level, I'm starting the search for a car. I'm going to have to go into more debt for it, but I have to have one for the summer, and as my sister's extra car's engine blew up, I'm kind of sol. So now I'm looking for a truck; I figure it will be a bit cheaper and I'll be able to do all of the moving I'm going to have to do in the next year with it. Plus it will just be cool to drive a pickup : )

Anyway, that's all here. I'm going to try and finish up some Shinto reading and then crash. Tomorrow's new student open house day, so I'm going to get the free lunch and talk to all of the newly admitted students who came to visit. Hard to believe that was me just one year ago!

No comments: