Monday, April 03, 2006

Wow

Four posts in one day? *gasp* I know you, my two loyal readers, will be more than excited. Hopefully some other people from facebook and the like will be interested enough to read this blog...if not, no biggie. I refuse to put a counter on here...don't want to see that the number only changes when I visit the site. Ha. Anywho...end of a Monday. Thank goodness. I can already feel the tension building in my shoulders for the week, but oh well. Not too much I can do about it except try to let it go. I have a French quiz tomorrow...I'm not really sure if I'm prepared for it or not, but I'm tired an somewhat beyond the point of comprehending anything in a foreign language. So instead I'll just read more about Shinto. Hooray! Tomorrow is my long day. How did I ever go entire days in school going to class? I even have a 2.5 hour break tomorrow and it's still an incredibly long day. Who knows...could be...ok you know it's late when I start quoting West Side Story.

On a completely different note I got an email from Sojourners today about a conference they're holding at the end of June. It sounds like it could be really interesting...all about a "New Covenant for America" or something like that. Not sure I can afford to go, though; and if I'm interning at this church I can't really take weekends off too easily. I'm also not sure how much new material there would be at the conference, or if it would be the same stuff in Wallis's book and from his class. Which, don't get me wrong, is not bad material, I've just heard it over. And over. And over. Not sure I want to pay over $200 to hear it again. But that's just me. I'm looking forward to General Convention, though. It should be interesting-I'm trying to get more young people to go to the Festival but to no avail. It will be a chance to meet new people, at the very least. Well, I'm going to get some more reading done and then hit the hay. Peace.

What I'm reading: Free of Charge; Gandhi's My Experiments with Truth; Gandhi: The Traditional Roots of Charisma; Shusaku Endo's Deep River
What I'm listening to: The Prayer Cycle (Jonathan Elias); Plans (Death Cab for Cutie)

No comments: